Dandelion Seeds - Pissenlit (Taraxacum Officinale)
- Taraxacum officinale, the common dandelion, is a flowering herbaceous perennial plant of the family Asteraceae.
- Salad vegetable and herb noted for its diuretic properties. Pleasant taste, but slightly bitter, not unlike chicory. The cultivated type is vigorous with large fleshy leaves.
- Historically, dandelion was prized for a variety of medicinal properties, and it contains a number of pharmacologically active compounds. Dandelion is used as a herbal remedy in Europe, North America, and China.It has been used in herbal medicine to treat infections, bile and liver problems,and as a diuretic
- Due to its high potassium level, dandelion can also increase the risk of hyperkalemia when taken with potassium-sparing diuretics.
- Height : 4" - 12"
Spacing : 12” - 16 ”
Sun Light : Full sun to partial shade
Water : Average
Harvest : >< 85 days
Sowing : Surface sow and thinly cover seed
Germination : 14 - 28 days: some seed may take up to 60 days
Flower Size : >< 1"
- Color : Green Leaves; Yellow Flower
Use : Excellent for Salad diuretic properties
Qty : > < 100 Seeds/pack
Note : Germination can be erratic,15 - 20 seeds per plant (Not for Beginner for Trial and Error Gardener)